The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Lately I’ve running into 2 problems with my Fedora installation, one was KDE and Qt apps refusing to run (segfaulting) and other was my install of Civilization 4 Beyond the sword stopped working (always worked flawlessly in wine) the weird thing is that Warlords and vanilla civ worked perfectly.
The culprit was the NVidia driver that decided to stop working, and I solved it by manually installing the latest beta drivers from nvidia website. In order to prevent having to reinstall it every time I updated I decided to exclude the kernel from updating from /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo adding:
to the repository info.